Friday, October 9, 2009

What???

And the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize goes to...

Barack Obama.

Unbelievable.

I think Obama is over-rated. I had thought so back in January and I hold on to this view now.

Ironically, Saturday Night Live made a skit of Obama last weekend and US news channels, like CNN and Fox, had been running commentaries on it. I came across this story on CNN yesterday although it was first published 5 October.



I guess the Nobel committee don't watch SNL or follow what's happening in the US.

Yes, we can. No, we haven't.

What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. Is this some kind of joke? I can't respect Nobel Prize anymore. I think it too early to evaluate what is he doing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I agree with you. Why award a prize for intent, for rhetoric? I thought the Nobel was more than that. Overrated?- yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aung San Suu Kyi is one of my heroes. When she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991, she had been under house arrest for 3 years. Today - it's now 2009 - she is still under detention. Despite given a chance to escape, she chose to stay in Burma, thus missed seeing her husband at his death-bed and hadn't seen her children for 2 decades.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1950505.stm

    If Obama deserves the Prize, surely the Committee can wait until next year?

    ReplyDelete